Delayed Birth Certificate
Apply for Delayed Birth Certificate
- Gaon Burah's Certificate/Ward Commissioner's Certificate in respect of Municipality/Town Committee areas
- Doctor's Certificate regarding Birth
- School Certificate/Admit Card (for age 6 and above)
- Affidavit duly signed by the Magistrate if delayed for more than one year
- Other Documents (if any)
- 1966 Voter list along with Linkage Certificate
- L/R Receipt (Upto date)/Electricity bill/Other documents.
Overview :- Registration of Birth in India is mandatory after the enactment of Registration of Birth and Deaths Act, 1969. In Assam, the Registration of Births & Deaths Rules, 1978 framed by the Health Department under the various provisions of RBD Act, 1969. These Rules are implemented throughout Assam with effect from 01-04-1978.
Process Flow :- Below we provide you steps for applying for delayed birth certificate are as follows:
1. Applying for birth certificate, you require an application form. The application form is available to the registrar office of Birth and Death. Or you can also download the application form from the official portal of Government of Assam.
2. Downloading application form of delayed birth certificate, click on the Online Service >> Download E – Forms >> Delayed Birth Certificate application form.
3. Take print of application form and put the details in the application form. All the details in application are to be correct and true.
4. Affix the entire required and relevant document with application form.
5. After completing all the above procedures, submit the application form along with all required documents. Do not forget to take receipt after submission of application form.
6. After certain verification, the concerned will approve your application and you will receive your certificate.
Eligibility Criteria :- Any Citizen of India.
- Service Charge :Rs.30/-
- Printing Charge : Rs 10/- (Not required for Senior Citizen)
- Scanning Charge : Rs 5/ per page (Not required for Senior Citizen)
How to apply :- This citizen centric service is accessible to the common citizens in his locality through Internet, Common Service Centres “Arunodoy Kendra” and Public Facilitation Centres (PFCs) at DC, SDO & Circle Offices. Citizens at Village-level can access the service through CSCs.
Type of Service
Forms to be filled :- https://assam.gov.in/download-e-form
Whom to Contact :-
Common Service Centres “Arunodoy Kendra” and Public Facilitation Centres (PFCs) at DC, SDO & Circle Offices. Citizens at Village-level can access the service through CSCs.