Apply for PRC
Apply for PRC
For PRC, a citizen can apply in the respective Circle Office/CSCs/PFC in the DC's/SDO(C) Office.
A required amount of fees should be paid as per rule.
Required sets of documents are to be submitted.
PRC is issued to Indian Citizens only for the purpose of admission to educational institution where such certificates are insisted upon by the educational institution. Such Certificate are issued as per existing provisions after due examination by the Deputy Commissioners and Sub-Divisional Officers (Civil) containing a clear provision that it will be applicable only in respect of the specific requirement of admission to that specific institution and shall not be valid for any other purpose. The following categories of persons are eligible for Permanent Residential Certificate.
Process Flow :-
For obtaining a PRC, an applicant/citizen will visit near Common Service Center(CSC)/PFC in DC/SDO(C)/CO office with all the relevent documents.
Service Charge :Rs.30/-
Printing Charge : Rs 10/- (Not required for Senior Citizen)
Scanning Charge : Rs 5/ per page (Not required for Senior Citizen)
Documents Required :-
Total required time is 14 days.
The certificate issued will be in prescribed computerized format as enclosed.
Documents required to be submitted along with application form:
1) Two copies of Passport size photographs.
2) Records of Immovable Property if any, with up to date Land Revenue Paid receipt.
3) Copy of Indian Passport or
4) Certified copy of the NRC 1951.
5) Certified copy of the voters list to check the linkage.
6) Copy of the PRC of any member of the family of the applicant stating relationship, if any.
7) Copy of the Birth Certificate issued by competent authority.
8) Copy of HSLC Certificate/Admit Card.
9) Employment Certificate issued by the employer showing joining in present place of posting, if any.
10) Documents related to parents and forefathers having continuously resided in Assam for a minimum period of 50 years or
11) Documents related to guardian having continuously resided in Assam for a minimum period of 20 years.
How to apply :-
The applicant has to come to nearest CSC or PFC located in DC/SDO(C)/CO office with all necessary testimonials.
Type of Service
Whom to Contact
Respective DC Office/Circle Office/CSC